Carousel gallery layoutThe Carousel gallery layout displays a strip of images next to a main image, like so:
or possibly like so:
The Carousel gallery layout settings can be found in the Admin Panel > Image gallery (any one) > Advanced > Advanced Layout Options > Carousel. These settings look like so:
- Vertical: the carousel images appear in one or more columns on the left.
- Horizontal: the carousel images appear in a single horizontal row above or below the main image.
Carousel vertical height
This option appears when Carousel Orientation: Vertical is checked. It is the height of the carousel strip of images in pixels. A setting of around 400 to 600 is recommended.
Carousel horizontal width
This option appears when Carousel Orientation: Horizontal is checked. It is the width of the carousel strip of images in pixels. A setting of around 480 to 600 is recommended.
- Buttons: this displays buttons that scroll the carousel strip when clicked.
- Scroll bar: this displays a scroll bar next to the carousel strip that allows smooth scrolling with a mouse, touch screen, or by pressing small buttons on either end. (Recommended choice)
Carousel grid images across
This option appears when Scroll using: Scroll bar is checked. It allows a vertical carousel of images to display multiple columns of images, like so:
Number of images to scroll past per click
This option appears when Scroll using: buttons is selected. This is the number of images in the carousel strip that scroll by when a scroll arrow on either end of the strip is clicked. The recommended setting is between 2 and 4.
- Below image: displays image information below the image
- Beside image: displays image information on the upper right side of the image, like so:
Auto-fit big image
If checked Yes, this will automatically resize the main image so that it always fits on the screen.